Meal Plan and Recipes For The Week
Alright! I made the meal plan and grocery list for this week. I’m going to list out all the ingredients for you but make sure you check your pantry before you buy anything. We try not to eat meat very often so I typically don’t buy it or cook it at home. Feel free to add meat to any of these dishes! For awhile we were eating eggs for breakfast four or five days a week so this week I picked all vegan breakfasts.
In the future, I’ll be posting my own recipes to this blog. For now, I’ll be using Pinterest to post recipes from other blogs. I’m so excited to use the Veggetti that I got for my birthday last week so I’m definitely trying it out this week!
- Spicy Lentil Soup For Chilly Nights I’ve made this soup a few times and generally I throw whatever I’m in the mood for into it. It calls for vegan sugar but I don’t put any sugar into it. Instead I add cayenne pepper so it’s extra warming.
- Sweet Potato Nachos I love making these but I don’t usually follow a recipe. I just slice up a couple of sweet potatoes and bake them. While they bake I make spicy black beans and a nutritional yeast sauce to put on top. I used to make them with shredded cheese but now I try to limit my dairy. I top them with a few avocado slices. This meal tastes decadent but is super healthy and filling.
- Quinoa Stir Fry Stir Fries are so great for busy nights. I’ve never made this one before but I thought I’d give it a try. I might use brown rice instead of quinoa.
- No Noodle Pad Thai I’ve been wanting to make this for so long but I haven’t had a Veggetti to make the noodles! I hope it is easy to make!
- Cashew Chopped Salad This salad looked so delicious in the photos! I’m going to substitute kale for romaine lettuce.
- Zucchini Noodle Pasta So excited to use my Veggetti!
- Chia Pudding I love making breakfasts that I can prepare the night before. I like to top this dish with granola and/or nuts and a tiny bit of honey.
- Chia Seed Breakfast Bowl Similar to the chia pudding recipe, just a different spin.
- Peanut Butter and Banana Overnight Oats x2 The x2 means I’ll be making this twice this week. I prefer to use steel cut oats so I generally have to add a little more liquid.
- Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Quinoa Tastes like a dessert but it’s a very nutritious way to start your day!
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal x2 Again the x2 means I will be making this twice. I plan on baking this in a casserole dish so I have enough of it for two days. I frequently make casserole dishes of baked oatmeal to make my mornings easier.
When I wake up in the morning, I drink a cup of warm water with a lemon wedge. I like to have a cup of green tea, a shot of Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegarand half a grapefruit with my breakfast every morning!
2 broccoli crowns
1 bunch green onions
4 large sweet potatoes
3 cloves garlic
1 bunch fresh parsley
1 daikon radish
1 bag carrots
½ pound (8 ounces) bean sprouts
1 bunch cilantro
1 bunch Romaine
½ head red cabbage
1 yellow bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 hunk of ginger
1 bunch medium whole beets
1 delicata squash
6 yellow onions
Refrigerated/ Frozen Goods
2 blocks, extra-firm tofu
Greek yogurt or sour cream
Crumbled goat feta cheese
shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Almond Milk, Unsweetened
frozen blueberries, to add to breakfasts
asian hot sauce, your preference
black sesame seeds
salt and pepper
1 can of black beans, or dried
1 can artichoke hearts
peanut butter or almond butter
red pepper flakes
dry red lentils
vegetable broth( I make my own)
coconut oil (I like unrefined)
15 oz. can of full-fat coconut milk
nuts and/or granola, for adding to breakfasts
rolled oats or steel cut oats
pumpkin pie spice