I was very inspired by this recipe Roasted Beet Noodles With Pesto And Baby Kale, so I made it my way! I started making kale pesto because, I really love pesto but, I wanted to make it healthier.
Baked Tofu With Roasted Beet Noodles With Kale Pesto.
- 6 beets, trimmed and peeled
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 4 cups chopped kale
- handful fresh basil
- 4 roasted garlic cloves
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- Drain and press the tofu. When it’s dry, marinate it in a splash of soy sauce mixed with hot sauce.
- Then bake it for 45 minutes in a 400 degree fahrenheit oven.
- Use a Veggettito make beet noodles.
- Toss the beet noodles in a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place beet noodles on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place the remaining 8 ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Toss the beet noodles in a bowl with the pesto.
- Slice up the tofu and serve it with the pesto beet noodles.