This dish is so incredibly easy to make, filling, healthy and delicious! Feel free to add cheese, sour cream, jalapeños, avocado; however you like your chili!
- Splash olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup lentils
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 shake red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, celery, carrots, sweet potatoes and bell pepper; saute until soft.
- Stir in cumin, chili powder and red pepper flakes; cook for 1 minute.
- Add the can of tomatoes, lentils and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, lower the heat to medium-low and simmer partially covered for 30 minutes or until lentils are tender. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the chili into a baking dish.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the vinegar with the milk, and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix very well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the applesauce, corn and milk-vinegar.
- Then pour the wet into dry and mix until just mixed.
- Pour the cornbread batter on top of the chili. Try to spread it evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle, comes out clean.