I’m a morning person. I know it is not easy for many people to get up as early as I do and make breakfast. That’s why I’m a proponent of make-ahead breakfasts, especially overnight oats. I believe there is a style of oatmeal for everyone. Oats are a very good source of fiber and are high in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. I personally prefer steel cut oats but use the oats you like.
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Place all ingredients, except the oats, in a blender and blend.
- Pour oats into a jar.
- Pour the liquid into a jar, shake and refrigerate.
- In the morning you can eat the oatmeal out of the jar or pour it into a bowl and heat it for 3 minutes in the microwave. I like to top mine with granola and maple syrup.