I love eating steel cut oatmeal for breakfast. It keeps me full and there are an endless amount of variations you can make.
- 1/2 cup steel cut oatmeal
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut flakes
- Pour the steel cut oatmeal into a large mason jar.
- Place all the other ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the mason jar.
- Place the lid on the jar and give it a hearty shake.
- Put the jar in your refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning you can either eat it cold out of the jar or you can pour it into two bowls and microwave each for 4 minutes.
- Feel free to top with granola, honey, maple syrup, whatever you like!