I ate way too much while I was away so I decided to make a hearty, healthy salad for dinner. This is not a traditional Caesar Salad!
- 6 cups kale, chopped and massaged
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 eggs, boiled and chopped
- 1 can sardines, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecorino romano, shredded and divided
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp tahini
- splash water
- salt and pepper
- Place the kale in a large salad bowl.
- Place the olive oil, dijon mustard, tahini, lemon juice, salt and pepper and half the pecorino romano in a blender. Blend while slowly adding water until you achieve your desired consistency.
- Pour the dressing over the kale and mix it in. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for a couple hours.
- Top with the sardines, boiled egg, walnuts, and the rest of the pecorino romano.
- I had some Kalamata olives in my refrigerator so I added those!