Every week day, I pack lunch for my boyfriend. His lunch usually consists of left overs fro the previous night’s dinner. I usually pack him an apple, banana and an afternoon snack in addition to his lunch. As an afternoon snack, I make a spicy black bean dip and carrots for him to dip. He loves it. This week I decided to make a big batch of it so I can pack it for him and also make Black Bean Burritos from it. A few weeks ago, I found this adorable container( on Amazon) to pack his snack in:
- 3 cups black beans, cooked if using dried beans
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Splash olive oil
- 2 cups water, if using dried beans use the bean water
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onions, garlic, bell pepper and jalapenos until soft.
- Add the beans, corn, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, 2 cups water. Cover with a lid and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Place 75% of the mixture in a food processor and process until smooth. Mix in the unprocessed mixture.
- Use baby carrots or chop up some adult carrots to dip!