It’s cold outside! Crazy, I thought it would never be winter. Spicy soup is perfect on a cold night.
- splash olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 6 small carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried white beans(cooked) or 1 can white beans
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups kale, shredded
- 1/2 acorn squash, roasted, peeled and chopped
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp hot curry powder
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a soup pot. Add in the onions, garlic and celery. Saute until soft.
- Toss in the quinoa, salt, pepper and hot curry powder. Toast for 3 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and simmer for a couple of hours.
- Eat when it all the vegetables are soft.