The recipe for the black beans is the same as the recipe I posted for black bean dip, so keep in mind that it makes a large amount.
- 3 cups black beans, cooked if using dried beans
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Splash olive oil
- 2 cups water, if using dried beans use the bean water
- Brown Rice, cooked
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Avocado, sliced
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onions, garlic, bell pepper and jalapeños until soft.
- Add the beans, corn, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, 2 cups water. Cover with a lid and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Place 75% of the mixture in a food processor and process until smooth. Mix in the unprocessed mixture.
- Heat a tortilla in a pan until it becomes pliable.
- Place a spoon of the brown rice in the middle of the tortilla. top with a spoon of the bean mixture and a couple avocado slices.
- Roll up the burrito and place it in the pan to seal it.