I love spicy food year round, but I try to eat it more often in the winter, especially after a long day. I find it soothing but I know some people have an aversion to spicy food but the great thing about cooking is, you can always adjust a recipe to your liking.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp spicy curry powder
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 block firm tofu, baked
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place quinoa and water in a medium pot on medium high heat, bring to boil.
- Reduce to simmer, cover pot and cook for 20 minutes or until quinoa is tender. Fluff with fork and remove from heat.
- Steam broccoli using a steamer basket or a small pot with boiling water, remove from heat.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium heat, add onions and cook until soft.
- Stir in garlic and ginger. Add curry powder, salt and pepper, cook for 1 minute.
- Add the quinoa, tofu and broccoli, give it a good stir.
- Let it cook for a few more minutes then enjoy!