I love adding roasted vegetables to a salad in the winter. A funky bleu cheese would be a perfect addition to this salad!
- 1 crown broccoli, chopped
- 5 cups brussels sprouts, quartered
- 3 tbsp mustard of choice, I used stone ground mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup farro
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper
- a couple handfuls of spinach, or arugula, baby kale, etc.
- Bring the farro, water, and cumin to a boil.
- Cover with a lid and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat but keep the lid on for a few minutes.
- Mix the broccoli, brussels sprouts, oil, salt, pepper and mustard in a bowl.
- Pour out onto a baking sheet and bake in a 400F oven in 30 minutes.
- Place a handful of the greens on a plate, next add a scoop of farro and then top with some of the roasted vegetables.