Soup’s on! I just want to watch tv and eat soup! Soup is like a big, warm hug, for your tongue!
- 6 cloves garlic, roasted
- 3 large parsnips, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- splash olive oil
- fresh rosemary, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup white beans, cooked or canned
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (½ lemon)
- 1 parmesan rind, leave out to make it vegan
- Toss the parsnips, olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper in a bowl. Dump out on a baking sheet and bake in a 400F oven for 40 minutes. I recently bought an Olive Oil Mister so I can use less olive oil when roasting vegetables.
- Heat some olive oil up in a soup pot.
- Add the onion and cook until soft. While the onion cooks, place 3 cups broth, all the garlic,lemon juice, and 3/4 of the beans to and blender and blend until smooth.
- Dump in the mushrooms and let cook for 2 minutes. Then add in the blended broth, the parmesan rind, salt and pepper, and the rest of the broth and white beans.
- Add the parsnips when they are done roasting. Let simmer for at least an hour.