I’m feeling a little under the weather today, so I decided it is a perfect day to make this soup. I made the vegetable broth with lemongrass to give it a medicinal boost. Lemongrass has many health benefits, but today I’m mostly interested in how it helps heal colds. I highly recommend incorporating kimchi in your diet. It has many health benefits, including digestive aid and immunity boosting, two assets I can really use today.
- 6 cups vegetable broth (I make my own but store bought works too)
- 1 package extra firm tofu, drained, pressed and cubed
- 3 cups mushrooms of choice, I used shitake and baby bella, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 jar kimchi
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Red Pepper, Nice Tasty(Korean Red Pepper Powder)
- black pepper to taste
- Splash sesame oil
- Heat the sesame oil in a soup pot. Add the onion and garlic and let them cook until they are soft.
- Add the carrots and mushrooms. Let cook for a few minutes so the mushrooms release their juices.
- Add the soy sauce, black pepper and Red Pepper, Nice Tasty, make sure to stir it around real good.
- Wait a few minutes then add the vegetable broth, tofu and kimchi. Let simmer for at least an hour.