I didn’t eat super nutritious this weekend because of the snow and being ill so, I was really excited to make this salad. I’m currently obsessed with parsnips and they help boost your immune system!
- a couple handfuls of baby kale
- 1 parsnip, chopped
- 1/2 cup farro
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, roasted
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Place the parsnips on a baking sheet and top with the rosemary, salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Pour the water and farro into a pan. Bring it up to a boil then cover and reduce the heat. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Put the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Toss the roasted parsnips, farro, walnuts and baby kale in a bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Toss it around then put the salad on a plate.