I have really been slacking lately when it comes to this blog. The dinner was so good that I had to share!
splash olive oil
1 small acorn squash, roasted and peeled
1/2 bunch swiss chard, chopped
3/4 cup farro
1/4 cup steel cut oats
1/4 cup onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups vegetable stock
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
*optional 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pot. Toss in the onion and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the farro, steel cut oats and garlic.
- Saute until fragrant, then throw the swiss chard, salt and pepper in.
- In a food processor, place the acorn squash and two cups vegetable broth. Process until smooth.
- Pour in the mixture plus the 2 cups vegetable broth, almond milk, nutritional yeast, and parmesan, if you are using it.
- Bring it up to a boil then turn the heat down low and let simmer until the grains are soft.
- Serve with bread if you’d like!