This breakfast is so delicious and filling, it inspires me to seize the day!
- 1 cup corn meal
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- Feel free to add butter if you would like, I did not
- Bring the water and almond milk to a boil.
- Slowly whisk in the corn meal.
- Turn down the heat and use a wooden spoon to stir the polenta.
- Turn off the heat when the polenta becomes sticky.
- Stir in the spinach and cover with a lid.
- Fill the saucepan with water until it is 2/3 full then add 2 tsp of white vinegar. Bring to a simmer.
- Crack the 2 eggs into a small bowl.
- Get the water swirling in a clockwise direction but let it settle for a second before you put the egg in.
- Drop the eggs right into the centre of the just swirling water. I let my eggs poach for 4 minutes but 3 minutes produces a runny egg.
Divide the polenta between two bowls. Top each bowl with one egg. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, enjoy!