I’m addicted to this dressing. I’ve been eating it everyday for the past week. Luckily this recipe makes a lot.
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup liquid aminos
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 small grated carrots
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp finely grated turmeric or ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
I’m going to be honest, this is going to taste a little funky! Unfortunately, sometimes the most nutritious plants are not the tastiest.
- 1/4 cup steel cut oats
- 7 almonds, crushed
- 1 tsp moringa powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Place all ingredients in a jar. Close tightly with a lid.
- Shake it!
- Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning you can eat it cold, from the jar or heat it in a microwave for 3 minutes.
I drink this every morning with breakfast. It’s refreshing and has many health benefits. You can read all about turmeric here, ginger here, and lemon here. With their powers combined, I am Captain Planet!
- 4 cups of water
- 2 tbsp turmeric power or a hunk of fresh turmeric
- 1 hunk of ginger
- 1/2 a lemon
- Bring the 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Add the ginger and turmeric powder. Squeeze the juice of the half lemon into the water.
- Shut off the heat and cover. Let steep for at least 20 minutes.
- Strain and pour into an air tight container and keep refrigerated.
- I have a small glass with breakfast every morning. Sometimes I add a shot of apple cider vinegar to my glass.